Saturday 2 January 2016

DREAMS!!!!


Dreams, illusions. How beautiful they are!  Everyone dreams of many things that we love and adore. It may be about your future career or your love or about something that you admire and want the most. But Not every dream comes true. Somewhere, at some point, you'll lose your dreams. I wrote this poem about such broken dreams in the perspective of a kid.

                                             Broken Dreams
I know I use to fly
Like all the birds do
So high! So long!
Gliding along the seaside
and between the skyscrapers,
I know I use to fly.

They said I am a kid 
And said my wings are ain't wings!
They are my delusions,
And are called as dreams.
But still, I believe that I can fly,
Because I know I use to fly.

I was told I can't fly
My friends laughed at me,
My mom warned me not to fly.
They ripped my wings off!

I know I use to fly,
So high! So long!
But not now, not without my wings.
I felt the pain and agony.
Consoled myself saying,
They are just dreams,
My delusions!

My mom, the doctor 
and everyone is happy.
As I am flying no more.

But I am the one left with
Sliced wings and broken dreams!

8 comments: